Updated 7/20/18 at 7:30 a.m. - According to Police Chief Dave Eldridge, no charges will be filed in the shooting. He describes the victim's injuries as minor and says the victim has been released from the hospital.
See the original post below.
KILMICHAEL, Miss. (WTVA) - A shooting invesitgation is currently underway in Kilmichael. According to police, the shooting happened on River Road Thursday afternoon.
Police say it appears a man left his vehicle at a friend's house. Later, the father of the vehicle owner went by the house to get something out of the vehicle, the friend and father got into an argument, and the property owner shot the father in the leg.
The property owner was taken into custody, but police say that person was later released.
This article will be updated as new information becomes available.
- UPDATE: Police say no charges filed after Kilmichael shooting
- Man charged with murder in Kilmichael
- Kilmichael Tornado: One Year Later
- UPDATE: Charges filed in Corinth shooting
- UPDATE: No charges filed in Ripley shooting
- 2nd arrest made for Kilmichael murder
- Charges filed in fatal Baldwyn shooting
- Charges filed against telemarketers
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- UPDATE: No charges filed against MUW assault suspect