BOONEVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Booneville police responded to call that there had been a possible shooting at the Best Inn Motel in Booneville Tuesday evening.
According to police, the shooting stemmed from a domestic dispute. The suspect was identified as Andrew Lambert.
Police said Lambert fired an initial shot inside the motel room that the victims were staying in. As the victims tried to escape, Lambert allegedly fired an additional shot at the car.
Police said when they arrived at the motel, Lambert and the victims had already left the scene.
The Prentiss County Sheriff's Department was called in for assistance once the hunt for the suspect went beyond the city limits.
According to police, Lambert followed the victims from the scene and fired shots at the car again.
Prentiss County sheriff's deputies spotted the car not long after they left the motel and stopped Lambert.
In the process of pulling Lambert over, police said he threw the gun and narcotics out of the car window.
Lambert was charged with multiple charges, including aggravated domestic violence with a firearm.
Lambert was arrested by the Prentiss County Sheriffs Department.
His bond was set $100,000.
- Police investigate shooting at Best Inn Motel in Booneville
- Fire crews investigating after Booneville motel fire
- Booneville police investigate Walmart theft
- Booneville police investigate drug store crash
- Booneville police investigate armed robbery at KFC
- Booneville police investigating pawn shop burglary
- Three charged in Booneville shooting
- Booneville police make drug arrest
- Booneville police chief: road closure
- State investigates overdose deaths in Booneville