Photo Gallery 1 Images
ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Aberdeen police have confirmed a shooting over the weekend at America's Best Value Inn and Suites.
According to Interim Chief Quinell Shumpert, police received a call Sunday morning about something suspicious.
When they arrived, they found blood outside and inside one of the rooms. Officers found evidence of multiple gunshots.
"Upon arriving on the scene, we noticed some blood right outside the door," he said.
The room was identified as No. 206 at the motel. The room was left in disarray and drugs were found, police say.
"There were some drugs in the room. We contacted the person who was in the room last and spoke with them. They have been arrested," Shumpert stated.
The person in custody was identified as Elizabeth Gasper, 37, who police say rented the room last.
While interviewing her, police say they found drugs and arrested her Sunday for possession of a controlled substance.
However, police do not believe she was the shooter.
As of now, police are still trying to find the person whose blood was left, as well as the actual shooter.
The owner of the motel thinks the damage to the room will cost several thousands of dollars.
The owner says he hopes surveillance video will help police catch the shooter.
Shumpert says the incident could have ended ugly.
"The bullets could have went through the wall and hit an unsuspecting person," he said.
If you have any information that may help police, you're urged to contact Aberdeen police.
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- Police investigate Verona shooting
- Aberdeen man arrested for drive-by shooting
- Shooting lands Aberdeen man in jail
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Person in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Aberdeen alderman passes away