WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - Police are still trying to find who was responsible for a weekend shooting that wounded one person.
According to the West Point Police Department, the incident was reported on Saturday, Feb. 16, at approximately 1:21 a.m.
Drugs and cash were found at the residence on Little Street. | Photo: West Point Police Department
The shooting happened at a residence on Little Street. Three people were inside the home at the time of the shooting.
The victims said masked individuals kicked down the door in a robbery attempt, said Police Chief Avery Cook.
During the confrontation, one person was shot and taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus. Cook said the victim was released on Saturday but returned to the hospital due to complications.
Police posted a photo to social media showing drugs and cash they found at the home.
On Tuesday, the police chief confirmed an arrest has been made in connection with the drugs. That person's name has not been released.
Cook believes the shooting was drug-related.
- Police continue search for West Point shooter
- West Point man missing; family continue searching
- West Point police search for burglary suspect
- West Point police search for apartment burglar
- West Point police search for murder suspect
- Starkville police search for shooter
- Search continues for 59-year-old West Point man
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- Investigation continues into West Point shooting
- Investigation continues into West Point armed robbery