STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Starkville police have charged a local man with attempted kidnapping.
On February 16, Starkville police arrested 45-year-old John B. Arnold, Jr., of Starkville, for attempted kidnapping.
According to the Starkville Daily News, he's accused of trying to check out a student at Sudduth Elemenmtary School without the guardian's permission.
"We believe this is an isolated incident. Circumstances surrounding this incident are under investigation," police stated.
It's unclear of Arnold's relationship to the student.
Starkville -Oktibbeha County District Superintendent Eddie Peasant says that school officials reacted properly in turning Arnold away.
"We have that type of system in place to make sure our students are safe." he told us.
Arnold, meanwhile, was later released on a $100,000 bond. However, police later stated Arnold's bond was revoked and is currently in the Oktibbeha County jail with no bond.
- Police charge Starkville man with attempted kidnapping
- Tupelo man arrested by Starkville police on kidnapping, assault charges
- Teen charged with kidnapping in Starkville
- Oxford police charge man with assault, kidnapping
- Man arrested on kidnapping charges
- Starkville police charge Madison man with assault
- Starkville police charge man with third DUI
- Man charged with assaulting Starkville police officer
- Man charged with fleeing from Starkville police
- Starkville man charged with assaulting police officer