WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - West Point police want citizens to remain vigilant after a threat was made against the city on social media.
Detective Ramirez Ivy said the threat was posted on Facebook Sunday.
He says a minor threatened to shoot up the city and the police department.
Ivy said with the help of Columbus police they were able to track the online threat to a girl who lives in Columbus.
Both agencies are now working together to determine what charges will be filed against the juvenile.
The detective said the girl is not in custody but the case will go through the Lowndes County Juvenile court system.
- Police investigate West Point social media threat
- West Point police respond to alleged social media threat
- West Point police investigating restaurant bomb threat
- West Point police investigate stabbing
- Law enforcement in Chickasaw, Lee counties investigate social media threat
- Law enforcement, Starkville Schools investigate social media threat
- West Point police officer fired after investigation
- West Point police investigate Tuesday night shooting
- West Point police investigate 8 burglaries
- Police increase presence at West Point school following alleged threat