NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) - Police arrested a 12-year-old boy for firing a gun within city limits.
Police Chief Chris Robertson said the incident happened on Booker Street.
He said it appears the boy was playing with a gun and fired one shot.
No one was injured.
Police arrested the boy and charged him with discharging a firearm within city limits.
New Albany schools were placed on a “soft lockdown” for approximately 30 minutes as a precaution.
“The incident did not occur on any school campus. All safety measures were followed and students were never in danger.”
- Police arrest 12-year-old for firing gun within city limits
- Police charge Starkville man with firing weapon inside city limits
- Plantersville police investigate why a gun went off within city limits
- Oxford police make stolen gun arrest
- Police: Man arrested after stolen gun found
- 12-year-old taken to burn unit after Alcorn County fire
- Starkville aldermen to consider hunting in city limits
- Oxford police arrest man for illegal gun possession
- Police: Oxford man arrested for illegal gun possession
- 12-year-old dies after being hit by bulldozer in Mississippi