Editor's Note - This article was updated Friday morning to include new information and a photo.
WINONA, Miss. (WTVA) - Part of a human skull was found underneath a Winona home Thursday, according to police.
The discovery was made by someone doing work on the home, which is located at the corner of Fairground Street and College Street, said Police Chief Tommy Bibbs.
A former resident of the house called the police department after seeing a photo of the skull on social media, police say.
The former resident said the skull had been there since 1965, and police suspect no foul play.
- Police: Part of human skull found under Winona home
- Human skull found in Saltillo
- Human skull found in man's backyard
- Missing Winona man located
- Fatal Winona wreck on I-55
- Skull found in Lowndes County identified as former police chief's son
- UPDATE: Investigation continues into Saltillo skull
- Firefighters battle blaze at Winona business
- UPDATE: Suspect in custody for Winona shooting
- UPDATE: Winona murder suspect appears in court