STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - A man was shot at a Starkville apartment complex Thursday night, according to police.
It happened just after 10 p.m. at the Block Apartments on S. Montgomery St, police said. The victim was taken to the hospital. His condition is unknown.
Investigators are looking into possible suspects.
Witnesses identified the victim as Bobby Spratt. They say he was shot four to five times. They say he was visiting his girlfriend's apartment at the time of the incident.
A family member says he was airlifted to University of Mississippi Medical Center in Jackson.
Residents in the area are concerned a suspect is still on the loose.
“He’s out here shooting people shooting him who are you going to shoot next, it’s scary" said Elizebth Garcia.
- UPDATE: Police continue to investigate a shooting in Starkville apartment complex
- REPORT: Man arrested after shots fired at Starkville apartment complex
- Fire destroys Vardaman apartment complex
- Starkville police investigate Sunday gunfire
- Fire destroys Starkville apartment building
- UPDATE: Columbus police investigate shooting
- Man accused of apartment complex burglaries
- Investigation continues into Lowndes shooting
- Louisville teen arrested in connection with Starkville apartment shooting
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting