NEW ALBANY, Miss. (WTVA) – New Albany police confirmed Amy Livingston, the Alderman for Ward 1, was robbed at knifepoint.
The incident happened near 1 a.m. on Friday, December 8 in a neighborhood off Highland Street.
Police say Danielle Norwood, 35, knocked on the official’s door during the night, pretending to need help, then forced her way into the house once the door was opened.
New Albany Police Chief Chris Robertson says the official was able to escape and run to a neighbor for help.
As a result, Norwood is charged with armed robbery, auto burglary and kidnapping.
Harold Lane, 58, was also arrested and charged with accessory after the fact.
- Police: Elected official escapes armed robbery
- Police search for man following armed robbery
- Tupelo police arrest 6 for armed robbery
- Tupelo police investigating weekend armed robbery
- Tupelo police seek two men following Dollar General armed robbery
- Police hunt suspect following armed robbery of store
- UPDATE: Police make arrest for Tupelo armed robberies
- Dramatic video shows January armed robbery; police ask for help
- Tupelo police investigating reported armed robbery at mall
- Ole Miss police investigate report of strong-arm robbery