STARKVILLE, Miss. (WTVA) - Mississippi State University has been approved to build a planned $12 million parking garage to the north side of the campus.
The university says this will add 500 parking spaces to that side of the campus.
The new structure will be located next to Howell Hall, near Humphrey Coliseum and Davis Wade Stadium.
MSU President Mark Keenum says the new garage will help meet the growing demand for campus parking.
In addition to the 500 spaces in the garage, the university is planning to add approximately 350 parking spaces in a surface parking lot at the north end of the old intramural fields, adjacent to Fresh Food Company.
Both construction projects are expected to be completed next year.
- Planned parking garage to add 500 spaces to MSU campus
- Oxford's parking garage adds hundreds of parking options
- Planned power outage scheduled for part of MSU campus
- MSU students have new permit options, parking spaces underway
- MSU police adds electric motorcycles to patrol
- MSU campus police seek suspect in campus vandalism
- MSU police installing new cameras on campus
- Brief power outage scheduled for section of MSU campus
- MSU and Starkville reach new deal for campus fire protection
- MSU discusses plans for newly acquired property