ASHLAND, Miss. (WTVA) - A small plane crashed alongside Interstate 22 near mile marker 43 in Benton County Tuesday night, according to the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
The crash happened around 9:30, according to MHP spokesman Cpl. Jason Roe.
The plane was moved off the road and troopers closed the area for first responders.
The pilot of the small plane was taken to the hospital, according to Roe.
The pilot, identified as Doug Woods of Collierville, Tennessee, has since been released from the hospital, FOX 13 in Memphis reported.
Officials told the Memphis TV station that Woods made radio calls saying he was having engine problems and needed to make an emergency landing.
The Federal Aviation Administration is investigating.
- Small plane crashes in Benton County
- Small plane crashes in Lowndes County
- Sheriff: 3 die in small plane crash in Union County
- Leflore County coroner identifies victim of small plane crash
- Small plane crashes in Carroll County, no life-threatening injuries
- Two Alabama men killed in small plane crash near coast
- 1 man killed as small plane crashes in central Mississippi
- Fatal crash reported in Benton County
- Alabama crews recover small plane from lake
- Investigation continues into Monroe County plane crash