COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) – Two men charged with capital murder in the 2016 death of Joseph Tillman appeared in court Wednesday.
Syboris Pippins and Jaylen Barker both pleaded not guilty to capital murder charges in Lowndes County circuit court Wednesday morning.
They are charged with killing Joseph Tillman on Nov. 6, 2016, on Maxwell Street in Starkville. Starkville police said the incident was related to an attempted robbery.
- Pippins, Barker plead not guilty in 2016 death of MSU student
- Man pleads guilty in 2016 Columbus murder
- Barker sentenced to life in prison for 2016 Cotton District murder
- Two indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 death of MSU student
- Former juvenile officer pleads guilty in 2016 beating
- Suspect in 2016 shooting death pleads guilty to manslaughter in Pontotoc
- Man pleads to 2016 stabbing death of Mississippi educator
- Man pleads guilty to cab driver's death
- MSU football player pleads guilty in animal cruelty case
- Alabama man found guilty for 2016 murder