ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - Students and staff at Aberdeen High School were evacuated following a threatening phone call.
Aberdeen School District Superintendent Jeffrey Clay said the phone call was about a possible bomb threat.
Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said the phone call was reported at approximately 1 p.m.
He said sheriff's deputies used three K-9s to sweep through the school.
Nothing was found, allowing students and staff to return to classes.
The sheriff said officers interviewed a person of interest following a check of phone records.
However, no charges have been filed at this time.
- Evacuation issued at Aberdeen school, investigation ongoing
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- Ongoing investigation in motorcycle accident
- UPDATE: Aberdeen police investigating school threat
- Investigation underway into Aberdeen school resource officer
- Investigation ongoing into Tallahatchie County shooting
- Aberdeen alderman passes away
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen celebrates Memorial Day