ABERDEEN, Miss. (WTVA) - A person is recovering following a late-evening shooting in Aberdeen.
Aberdeen Interim Police Chief Quinell Shumpert says the shooting happened sometime near 7:45 p.m. on South Thayer Avenue.
A juvenile is in custody for the crime. The juvenile’s name has not been released.
Shumpert says the victim was taken to the hospital after being shot in the leg.
The shooting remains under investigation.
- Person in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- UPDATE: Man in custody for Aberdeen shooting
- Fatal shooting in Aberdeen
- Aberdeen shooting under investigation
- Police investigate Aberdeen shooting
- One person in custody, another injured after Monroe County shooting
- UPDATE: Person in custody for questioning after Verona shooting
- Aberdeen man arrested for drive-by shooting
- Shooting lands Aberdeen man in jail
- Aberdeen alderman passes away