TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - It is called the "guitar that started rock and roll."
People viewed Elvis Presley's very first guitar on Saturday at Tupelo Hardware Company.
Tupelo Hardware is the store that 11-year-old Elvis and his mother got the guitar more than 70 years ago.
The current owner of the guitar brought it to the store as a part of the Tupelo Elvis Festival.
Larry Moss bought the guitar after seeing it at an auction about 11 years ago.
According to Moss, he chose not to refurbish the guitar to keep it as the original piece that Elvis first strummed.
People gathered at the hardware store to see the guitar and to share their Elvis stories.
- People view Elvis' first guitar during Tupelo Elvis Festival
- Tupelo Elvis Festival kicks off at birthplace
- Elvis Birthplace plans expansion
- Fans continue to celebrate Elvis Festival
- Tupelo Elvis Festival continues to leave major impact on city
- Tupelo Elvis Festival named Top 20 event for June
- Tupelo Elvis Festival moves Thursday concert to BancorpSouth Arena
- Elvis appreciation day attracts visitors in Tupelo
- City of Tupelo celebrates Elvis' 84th birthday
- 20th annual Elvis Festival comes to an end