CARROLLTON, Ala. (WTVA) - Residents are recovering after a deadly tornado swept through a community near Carrollton in Pickens County, Alabama.
The National Weather Service in Birmingham reported three confirmed deaths.
ABC 33/40 in Birmingham reported they were 85-year-old Albert Barnett and his wife, 75-year-old Susan Barnett. The third victim was 51-year-old Tyrone Spain.
The deaths happened on Settlement Road.
As for the twister, NWS meteorologists said it had winds up to 134 miles an hour.
- Residents recovering from deadly tornado in Pickens County
- Residents continue to recover from Pickens County tornado
- Goat Island residents still recovering from tornado
- Pickens County, Ala., sheriff involved in shooting
- Committee asking for donations to help victims of Pickens County tornado
- Report: One injury in Pickens County, AL storm
- National Weather Service: 3 dead in Pickens County, Alabama
- Montgomery County recovers following tornado nearly a year ago
- Columbus residents recover from flood waters
- Residents affected by tornadoes can receive help