COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - The Lowndes County Sheriff's Department is warning people not to fall for a phone scam where someone is calling trying to get money.
The person is posing as the warrant division of the sheriff's department.
According to the caller, there is a warrant out for the person's arrest, and that person will be arrested if he or she does not come up with money.
The sheriff's department says several people have fallen for the scam already.
- People falling for scam involving someone posing as law enforcement
- Chase involving law enforcement ends with arrest
- Lowndes County law enforcement warn of phone scam
- Driver sought after chase involving law enforcement in Golden Triangle
- Law enforcement investigating officer-involved shooting in Tippah County
- Local law enforcement remind people of holiday criminals
- Prentiss County warns of scam involving eBay
- Law enforcement search for escaped inmate
- Man charged after fleeing from law enforcement
- Law enforcement investigate fire at Walmart