Editor's Note: This article was modified Friday morning to include the name of the deceased person.
ALCORN COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - A Tupelo man was identified as the pedestrian who was struck and killed by an 18-wheeler in Alcorn County.
According to Cpl. Jason Roe of the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the incident happened Thursday morning on Highway 350, approximately two miles east of Highway 2.
This area is along the Tennessee state border.
Roe said an 18-wheeler struck the pedestrian, who died.
Roe later confirmed the identity of the man as Alex Tyler, 29, of Tupelo.
Alcorn County Coroner Jay Jones said the man did not have identification.
Investigators worked to identify the man using his body tattoos.
Jones said the man was in the roadway and the truck could not avoid him.
Note: The blue text above links to a map. The marker that is shown on the map is for general location purposes only and may not be the exact location of the incident.
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- MHP investigates Alcorn motorcycle crash
- MHP investigates pedestrian hit in Monroe County
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- Walnut woman killed in Alcorn County collision
- UPDATE: MHP identifies victim of fatal Monroe County crash
- MHP identifies Lee County chase suspect
- MHP respond to young pedestrian hit, killed
- MHP: Driver dies in fiery collision