IUKA, Miss. (WTVA) - A pedestrian died Wednesday night after he was hit by a log truck on a highway, according to the Tishomingo County coroner.
Coroner Mack Wilemon identified the pedestrian as Franklin Dewayne Hudson, 39, of Savannah, Tennessee.
The accident happened about 10 miles north of Iuka on state Highway 25. The pedestrian apparently stepped into the path of the southbound log truck while walking down Highway 25, Wilemon said.
Wilemon pronounced Hudson dead at the scene.
- Pedestrian hit, killed on Tishomingo County highway
- Troopers: Pedestrian killed in Highway 45 crash
- Tishomingo County deputy hit by fleeing vehicle
- Driver hits, injures pedestrian
- Coroner: 1 killed in Tishomingo County fire
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- MHP respond to young pedestrian hit, killed
- Pedestrian hit, killed by train in Mendenhall
- UPDATE: One dead after Highway 4 wreck in Tishomingo County
- UPDATE: Tishomingo County body identified