Update 10/08/18 4:24 p.m.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant identifies the deceased as 68-year-old Freddie Hartley of Columbus.
Update 10/08/18 9:32 a.m.
According to Sgt. Derrick Beckom with the Mississippi Highway Patrol, the pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene by the county coroner. The pedestrian's name has not been released at this time.
Troopers say the pedestrian was walking in the highway.
Troopers identified the driver at 21-year-old Yahya M. Alahmari Abdulrahman of Pensacola, Florida.
The accident remains under investigation.
See the original post below.
LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - Emergency responders in Lowndes County say a pedestrian was hit by a vehicle Sunday night.
The incident was reported on Highway 45, south of Jess Lyons Road around 9:30 p.m. This is near Hank's BBQ. According to authorities, the car didn't leave the scene.
So far, the pedestrian's condition has not been released.
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in Lowndes collision
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- UPDATE: Troopers ID those involved in fatal Lowndes collision
- Lowndes County collision injures two people
- Clay County collision kills one
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- UPDATE: Saltillo woman killed in Lee County collision