TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - A pedestrian is dead after being hit by a vehicle Tuesday night.
Tupelo Police Capt. Chuck McDougald says the accident happened around 5:40 p.m. on McCullough Boulevard just north of the Endville Road intersection.
When police arrived on the scene, they found one man dead after being hit by a car.
McDougald said the driver of the car stayed on the scene and is cooperating with the police.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green later identified the man killed as Fonzo Riley, 65, of Lee County.
- Coroner identifies pedestrian killed in Tupelo accident
- Coroner identifies Tupelo shooting victim
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- Coroner: Accident kills Caledonia man
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies pedestrian killed on Highway 45
- Coroner identifies body found at Tupelo home
- Coroner identifies victim of fatal Tupelo wreck
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Coroner identifies deceased Parchman inmate
- Coroner identifies man, woman killed in Shannon shooting