OKTIBBEHA COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - According to the Mississippi Highway Patrol, a pedestrian was killed in a Sunday night crash on Highway 82 near Camps Airport Road in Oktibbeha County.
Troopers said they responded around 10:20 p.m. Sunday. A 2000 Ford Explorer driven by 31-year-old Zachary Triplett of Starkville, was traveling east when he collided with a pedestrian standing in traffic.
According to MHP, the Oktibbeha County coroner pronounced the pedestrian, identified as 47-year-old Deborah Moore of Columbus, dead on the scene. Triplett was not injured.
The crash is still under investigation.
- Pedestrian killed In Oktibbeha County collision
- Choctaw County collision kills pedestrian
- UPDATE: Pedestrian killed in Lowndes collision
- Pedestrian injured in morning collision
- Clay County collision kills one
- UPDATE: Pedestrian identified following fatal collision
- MHP identifies pedestrian involved in fatal collision in Alcorn County
- Oktibbeha County wreck injures one
- Calhoun County collision kills ATV driver
- Collision kills young man in Winston County