JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Poultry processor Pearl River Foods is growing its workforce in Carthage, adding 450 jobs.
These new jobs will help support an increase in production. The additional jobs will bring the company's employment to 600 workers.
In 2017, Pearl River Foods announced the company was locating a further processing plant in Carthage to better serve the local poultry industry.
The announcement marked an investment of more than $2 million and created 150 jobs.
Approximately 100 of the new jobs have been filled. Those interested in applying should visit the local WIN Job Center located at 202 C.O. Brooks Street in Carthage.
- Pearl River Foods adding hundreds of new jobs
- Local food pantry feeds hundreds
- Pearl Harbor - 76th Anniversary
- Local furniture maker adding jobs
- Authors of Pearl River message in a bottle found
- Report: Pearl River, Bok Homa Casino to offer sports betting
- Ajinomoto Foods expanding in Oakland, creating jobs
- Mississippi bathtub maker reopens after fire, adding 20 jobs
- 60 new jobs added to Fulton with Mueller Industries
- General Atomics adding new jobs in Lee County