(WTVA) - Some drivers could encounter slick spots on bridges and overpasses early Wednesday due to freezing rain and sleet.
The WTVA Severe Weather Authority says that frozen precipitation could fall on and along Highway 82 before sunrise and could cause minor problems into the middle of the morning.
It could also fall in places like Tupelo, Coffeeville, Amory, Aberdeen, Houston, Fulton and Calhoun City as well as Sulligent, Vernon and Hamilton in Alabama.
Meteorologist John Dolusic adds this is not expected to be a widespread issue and any icy patches that develop should be gone by noon.
Still, he advises drivers in that part of the area from 2 a.m. until 10 a.m to be cautious.
Stay with the WTVA Severe Weather Authority for any updates on this developing situation.
- Patches of ice possible for some drivers early Wednesday
- BancorpSouth Arena ice skating schedule
- Officers arrest disorderly driver
- Final podcast episode drops early
- Coats donated for Disney On Ice tickets
- Recall issued for popular ice pops
- ICE involved in Union County arrests
- Obamacare enrollment window opens Wednesday
- Ole Miss, MSU receive early football signees
- UPDATE: Ice remains on roads in parts of state