OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – A new partnership will help broaden global access and recruit international students to Ole Miss.
The university and Shorelight Education have agreed to the new joint program.
The two entities will work together to create a program to enhance the educational experience of students who come to Ole Miss from around the world, as well as those students who come from every county in Mississippi.
“With an English language accelerator program and intensive advising and acculturation experiences, the program will help the university become a model for international access and student success for both undergraduate and graduate students,” the university stated.
Ole Miss Chancellor Jeffrey Vitter says increasing enrollment of international students and helping all Ole Miss students become globally minded alumni will prove beneficial to every Ole Miss student and the entire state.
The first students are expected to arrive in 2019.
- Ole Miss to launch new program for international students
- Alabama downs Ole Miss 62-7
- Auburn downs Ole Miss 31-16
- Ole Miss students make dresses for girls in need
- Family of slain Ole Miss student relieved by Wilbanks verdict
- Ole Miss student rallies support for Florida high school
- UPDATE: Students react to active tuberculosis case at Ole Miss
- Ole Miss student wins top scholarship for public policy work
- Ole Miss student graduates after near-death health scare
- Authorities estimate cost of massive manhunt for Ole Miss student