JACKSON, Miss. (WTVA) - Students and supporters of the Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, FL will be in Jackson this week on the 'Road to Change' tour.
The Clarion-Ledger reports there will be a town hall meeting on gun violence and to lead a voter education and registration drive.
In a tweet posted Saturday, the anti-gun tour "extended to follow the path blazed by the freedom riders of the 1960s." The state's capital was included in the extension and is scheduled for Thursday.
The goal is to "register and educate people to come together to elect morally just leaders and save lives," according to the tour's Twitter page.
The Clarion-Ledger reports the town hall meeting is planned for 6 p.m. at Thalia Mara Hall.
- Parkland students to be at capital for anti-gun tour
- Caledonia student arrested for gun possession
- Two indicted on capital murder charges for 2016 death of MSU student
- Court upholds 2 Alabama capital cases
- Court upholds ruling in capital murder appeal
- Jury selection extended for capital murder trial
- Capital murder trial heading to closing arguments
- Jury finds capital murder suspect guilty
- Alabama researcher plots anti-vaccination tweets
- Facebook to get tougher on anti-vaxers