OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A Saturday morning water outage leads to a precautionary boil water alert for people in the Oxford area who get water from the city.
City officials say flooding caused at least one water main break which triggered the water problems.
People who get city water are being told to boil their water for one minute before using it.
The state will test water samples to make sure the water is safe before the alert is lifted.
OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Some people in Oxford woke up Saturday morning to find they were without water.
Police say a water outage is affecting half of the city, including the South Lamar and Highway 7 South areas.
Low water pressure is also being reported in the College Hill area.
Police say they don't know what's causing the outage or how long it will last.
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- UPDATE: Oxford under boil water alert
- Cason Water lifts boil water alert
- UPDATE: Boil-water alert lifted for Town of Vaiden
- UPDATE: Boil water alert for Blue Mtn. has been lifted
- UPDATE: Boil water alert could be lifted for Tupelo Saturday
- Tupelo no longer under boil water alert
- MSDH: Saltillo lifts boil water alert
- Boil water alert issued for Ecru customers
- Boil water alert issued for part of Starkville