OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The City of Oxford is working with biologists to remove a “heavy algae bloom” from Lake Patsy.
The city posted the alert Tuesday afternoon to its social media accounts.
Lake Patsy is in Pat Lamar Park which is less than a mile southwest of the University-Oxford Airport.
According to the city, this fix is a multi-phase project and will take some time to eliminate the bloom.
Crews are using non-toxic chemicals, according to the city, but urge people to avoid the lake.
- Oxford working to remove heavy algae bloom from Lake Patsy
- Oxford road work begins today
- Lee County, Oxford closing roads for work
- Thousands sign petition to remove sexist terms from Oxford Dictionaries
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- Oxford sets new development code
- Two indicted for Oxford robbery
- Oxford to practice emergency management
- Water outage scheduled in Oxford