OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Oxford will form a committee to conduct a search for someone to take over operations of the city animal shelter.
The item was discussed during a recessed meeting of the board this morning.
The current group operating the facility says it will cease operations September 30.
The city owns the building and has set aside $135,000 in the next budget year for the facility.
The funding is part of a nearly $31 million budget approved during the same meeting this morning.
- Oxford to form committee to help find new operator of animal shelter
- Official: Overpopulation causes Oxford animal shelter to close
- Oxford animal shelter gets new lease on life
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- Senate committee approves lottery bill
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- Oxford sets new development code
- Two indicted for Oxford robbery
- Oxford road work begins today
- Oxford to practice emergency management