OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - An Oxford shooting suspect is in custody and police are searching for the second suspect.
The shooting was reported on Monday night in the area of Cedarcrest Drive.
Christopher Mathis | Source: Oxford Police Department
According to the Oxford Police Department, officers learned two people were shooting at each other after an altercation.
No one was hurt, but investigators found bullets that had entered nearby occupied homes.
Police officers detained one suspect, Christopher Mathis, 40, of Oxford.
Mathis is charged with shooting into an occupied dwelling and possession of a weapon by a felon.
Police are still searching for the second suspect, Christopher Butler, 29, of Oxford.
Police say Butler is currently free on a felony bond for drive-by shooting and possession of a weapon by a felon.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts can call the Oxford Police Department at 662-232-2400 or Crime Stoppers at 662-234-8477.
Note: The marker in the included map is for general location purpose only and may not indicate the exact location of the incident.
- Oxford police searching for 1 shooting suspect
- Vardaman police search for shooting suspect
- Okolona police actively search for shooting suspect
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- Police seek information about Oxford shooting
- Oxford police make arrest after shooting report
- Oxford names interim police chief
- Search for shooting suspect ends in arrest
- Oxford police looking for reddish vehicle after Lyric shooting
- Oxford police make arrest for Rooster's shooting incident