OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - An Oxford man died outside of a convenience store north of the Square in Oxford, and police are not giving any indication if this was a natural death, foul play or something else.
Lafayette County Coroner Rocky Kennedy confirmed that 25-year-old Donovan Waryold is dead.
Oxford Police Capt. Hildon Sessums said a call came in around 9:45 a.m. Saturday to assist an ambulance at Lindsey's Chevron at North Lamar Boulevard and Jefferson Avenue.
A body covered by a white sheet could be seen on the ground by one of the gas pumps. Police tape was tied around that area to prevent access.
A store employee at Lindsey's said the man stopped breathing and could not be revived.
According to Sessums, police are still investigating the cause of death.
- Oxford police confirm 1 dead outside convenience store near the Square
- Macon man shot dead outside convenience store
- Tupelo Police investigate incident at convenience store
- Oxford Square honored as community staple
- Reward offered following a convenience store shooting
- Police ask for help in solving Starkville convenience store robbery
- Two dead after Oxford crash
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- Oxford police respond to 'shots fired' call at store
- Oxford duo arrested for tobacco store robbery