OXFORD, Miss. (AP) — With a downtown parking garage halfway complete, city officials in one Mississippi city are trying to determine how much parking should cost.
The Oxford Eagle reports the city is trying to decide whether parking will be free on the upper floors of the garage, or whether people should pay.
Under the scenario currently favored, parkers would pay 25 cents an hour on the second through fourth floors of the garage, while paying 75 cents an hour on the first floor to park during the day. After 5 p.m., the first-floor amount would rise to $1 an hour. Parking at meters around Oxford’s square would remain $1.25 an hour.
Another proposal calls for free parking on upper floors at least some of the time. Meter rates on the square could rise.
- Oxford officials consider charges for parking in new garage
- Oxford's parking garage adds hundreds of parking options
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- Woman charged with burglary of Oxford salon
- Oxford man charged with statutory rape
- Three charged with felonies in Oxford
- Oxford police arrest three on various charges
- Hernando man charged with assault in Oxford
- Batesville man charged with Oxford burglary