OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - An Oxford woman has been charged with child abuse.
On October 11, Oxford police received a report of possible child abuse.
The investigation led to the arrest of Michaela Lay, 19, on October 30.
Police say they worked the case with DHS after a complaint was filed claiming Lay exposed a child to a controlled substance.
Major Jeff McCutchen with the Oxford Police Department says investigators were able to confirm the report.
He says Lay is the mother of the child, and she’s charged with felony child abuse.
- Oxford mother charged with child abuse
- Oxford police charge mother with child abuse
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Oxford man charged with child sex crime
- Booneville man charged with child abuse
- Starkville man arrested, charged with child abuse
- Oxford man charged with robbery, enticement of child
- Oxford police charge man with 4th DUI, child endangerment
- Update: Missing Oxford child found safe
- Amory man charged with neglect, abuse of mother