OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - A man from Oxford is accused of trafficking a minor for commercial sex acts.
On Thursday, March 1, Oxford police conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for a switched tag.
The driver, 38-year-old Edward Daniels, was suspected of driving under the influence. Officers found narcotics in his possession. While officers continued their scene investigation, they learned one of his passengers was reported as a runaway juvenile from another county.
Investigators determined that Daniels has been trafficking the minor for commercial sex acts.
He was charged with trafficking and his bond was revoked due to him being out on parole.
Police say the case is still ongoing.
- Oxford man charged with trafficking minor for sex acts
- Oxford man charged with child sex crime
- Oxford man indicted for human trafficking
- Oxford man charged with felony child abuse
- Louisiana man charged with assault in Oxford
- Oxford man charged with statutory rape
- Hernando man charged with assault in Oxford
- Batesville man charged with Oxford burglary
- Oxford police charge Vicksburg man with assault
- Oxford man charged with sexual battery