OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - The city of Oxford intends to issue up to $14 million in bonds to help pay for expansion and improvement of the city's water and sewer systems.
The money would be used for new construction and repairs needed for the system.
The city plans to issue the bonds during its meeting Tuesday night.
Officials say the bonds would be repaid over a 20-year period.
- Oxford looks to improve city's water and sewer systems
- Tupelo City Council approves water/sewer rate hike
- Two local water systems getting federal money for improvements
- Water outage scheduled in Oxford
- Cadaretta Water System issues boil water notice
- Damaged water main fixed in Oxford
- Crews to repair water line in Oxford
- UPDATE: Boil water alert lifted for Oxford
- Water Valley woman charged with Oxford embezzlement
- UPDATE: Oxford under boil water alert