OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - Ole Miss fans can look forward to easier parking options in Oxford.
According to Oxford's director of parking, Matt Davis, the new garage is expected to open any day now.
Davis said the contractor is working on the final touches.
The garage, located on the Square in Downtown Oxford, will add nearly 400 parking spots to the Square.
Residents said it will be much less stressful to find a place to park on game day weekends.
According to Davis, people who want to park on the first floor will have the option to buy a monthly permit or can purchase an hourly pass.
He said the second, third and fourth floors will be free.
However, Davis said the prices will fluctuate during weekends that usually bring a lot of traffic.
It will be $10 to park in the garage during games that are not against other SEC opponents.
For the games that are, it will cost $20 to park in the garage.
The original opening date for the garage was originally set for Tuesday, but Davis said he is now expecting just a few more days.
According to Davis, the garage should still be open this week.
- Oxford's parking garage adds hundreds of parking options
- Oxford officials consider charges for parking in new garage
- Planned parking garage to add 500 spaces to MSU campus
- Men sought for exposing themselves in parking garage
- MSU students have new permit options, parking spaces underway
- Airlines will add new gender options for non-binary passengers
- Starkville park vandalized
- Oxford police investigate homicide
- WWII Vets Honored in Oxford
- Oxford sets new development code