OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) – Oxford Middle School was placed on a temporary lockdown Thursday morning due to a potential threat.
Oxford police received notice of the potential threat to the safety of the school at approximately 8:20 a.m.
At that time, the school’s resource officers notified school administration and placed Oxford Middle School on lockdown while officers investigated.
While working with the school’s administration, police determined the threat was made outside of the Oxford School District.
The lockdown was later lifted after the school was deemed safe.
- Oxford Middle School placed on temporary lockdown
- UPDATE: MDOC lockdown lifted
- Tupelo school placed on partial lockdown
- UPDATE: Soft lockdown lifted at Mooreville school
- Brief lockdown lifted at Aberdeen school
- Precautionary lockdown issued at Union County school
- Bid placed for Oxford Elementary School property
- Tupelo school placed on lockdown as officers searched for person
- Sheriff: Vardaman schools placed on lockdown for domestic threat
- New Albany schools resume normal operation after brief lockdown