Update 10/17/18 - 8:05 a.m.
Fire crews left the scene of the fire on Traceview Lane around 5 a.m Thursday morning, after surveying the area for hot spots.
The cause of the fire is still under investigation this morning, and the homeowner has been notified, according to Lee County fire officials.
The homeowner had not been living inside of the home long before it was completely destroyed in this fire, according to a family member.
See the original post below.
TUPELO/SALTILLO, Miss. (WTVA) - Multiple firefighters responded to a house fire in Lee County happening late Tuesday night.
The intense blaze could be seen from the WTVA Tupelo Towercam near the end of the 10 p.m. newscast. Tupelo fire officials said they were watching the newscast when they first saw the house fire, and it was shortly after they were dispatched to the scene.
The fire took place at a home along Traceview Lane near the Tupelo, Saltillo line. As firefighters responded to the scene, the home was engulfed in flames.
A crew from the Tombigbee Electric Power Association was on the scene to make sure power line were not damaged.
No one was inside the home at the time of the fire.
The house was up for sale.
- Overnight fire destroys Lee County home
- Fire destroys Lee County home
- Church destroyed in overnight fire
- Fire destroys Pontotoc County home
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Fire destroys Houston home
- Fire destroys Mooreville home
- Oktibbeha County home destroyed in fire
- Clay County family home destroyed after fire
- Home destroyed in Union County fire