STREAMING NOW: Watch Now

One person transported to hospital after house fire

Tupelo Fire Chief Thomas Walker says the fire happened around 12:30 a.m. on Thursday.

Posted: Feb 6, 2020 10:06 PM

TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - According to Fire Chief Thomas Walker, a house fire was reported at 525 Canal Street. As a result, there was heavy smoke damage to the living room and carport.

Walker says the homeowner was unresponsive when firefighters arrived on the scene.

The homeowner was taken to a Memphis hospital. 

Right now, there is no word on their condition. 

Article Comments

Tupelo
Overcast
71° wxIcon
Hi: 74° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 71°
Columbus
Few Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 72° Lo: 66°
Feels Like: 68°
Oxford
Scattered Clouds
68° wxIcon
Hi: 71° Lo: 64°
Feels Like: 68°
Starkville
Scattered Clouds
64° wxIcon
Hi: 69° Lo: 63°
Feels Like: 64°
WTVA Radar
WTVA Temperatures
WTVA Severe Weather