TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - According to Fire Chief Thomas Walker, a house fire was reported at 525 Canal Street. As a result, there was heavy smoke damage to the living room and carport.
Walker says the homeowner was unresponsive when firefighters arrived on the scene.
The homeowner was taken to a Memphis hospital.
Right now, there is no word on their condition.
- One person transported to hospital after house fire
- Pontotoc house fire sends one person to hospital
- One person injured in overnight house fire
- One person dies in overnight house fire
- Nettleton house fire injures one person
- Motorcyclist transported to hospital after car collision in Columbus
- One person hospitalized in overnight shooting
- One person hospitalized after two vehicle wreck
- Family deals with house fire while child in hospital
- Tupelo City Council rejected public transportation proposal