Photo Gallery 2 Images
SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) - A Chickasaw County woman has died after a car collided with construction equipment on Highway 245 near Shannon Monday morning.
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green says Hattie Brown, 64, of Okolona, died at the scene of the accident.
She says Brown was wearing a seat belt.
Master Sgt. Ray Hall with the Mississippi Highway Patrol says Brown was traveling south on the roadway and apparently collided with a construction crane that was on the highway.
The crash occurred in a road construction zone.
Hall says it appears Brown drove through a road closed sign before hitting the crane.
The accident is being investigated by the Mississippi Highway Patrol.
- UPDATE: Okolona woman killed after colliding with crane on highway
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona woman found safe
- UPDATE: Okolona shooting victim listed as stable
- UPDATE: Missing Okolona teen found safe
- UPDATE: Sprinkler malfunction closes Okolona schools
- Family remembers Okolona woman following wreck
- Okolona bridge still under construction
- Power outage planned in Okolona
- Okolona school superintendent to retire
- Okolona begins spraying for mosquitoes