TUPELO, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is dead following a traffic accident Monday night in the city of Tupelo.
Tupelo police say the three-vehicle accident happened at Veterans Memorial Boulevard and Wilson Street approximately 6:30 p.m.
Monday's fatal accident in Tupelo (Temeika Hoskins-Hamilton)
Lee County Coroner Carolyn Green later identified the victim as El Habib Kamal, 53. She said he was driving a car and was wearing a seatbelt.
A board member for the Islamic Center of Tupelo, Hasan Khalil, says Kamal was the center's president.
A web search shows Kamal was also a teacher for the Pontotoc County schools.
According to Khalil, Kamal's sons, ages 3 and 7, were hurt in the accident and are being treated at LeBonheur Children's Medical Center in Memphis.
- UPDATE: Name released of man killed in Tupelo traffic accident
- UPDATE: Coroner identifies man in Tupelo fatal accident
- Traffic moving following Tupelo wreck
- Motorcyclist injured in Tupelo accident
- UPDATE: 1 dead, 3 injured in Grenada traffic accident
- UPDATE: Car fire in Shannon leads to traffic accident
- Tupelo man killed after motorcycle hits tree
- Union Coroner: Man killed in ATV accident
- Hamilton man killed in car accident
- UPDATE: Missing elderly Tupelo man found