Update 01/07/19 10:25 a.m.
Columbus police say two arrests were made shortly after Sunday's shooting incident. However, the charges do not appear to be related to the shooting incident.
Aldoques Dooley | Photo: Columbus Police Department
Demonte Harris | Photo: Columbus Police Department
Aldoques Dooley, 39, of Starkville, was charged with possession, sale, transfer of a stolen firearm and failure to appear on a previous charge.
Demonte Harris, 26, of Columbus, was charged with possession, sale, transfer of a stolen firearm.
Police say the unnamed male victim was shot in the leg. He has since been treated and released from medical care.
The case is still under investigation and additional charges are possible.
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - Columbus police are investigating a shooting after one person was shot early Sunday.
Police Chief Fred Shelton confirms the shots fired call was reported at 12:44 a.m. at 15th Street and 7th Avenue.
No information on a suspect has been released at this time. The victim's condition is unknown.
A formal press release is expected to be made available on Monday.
This is a developing story.
- More charges possible after Columbus shooting incident
- Columbus man faces federal charge in 2016 shooting incident
- Columbus police investigate stabbing incident
- Columbus police make arrest in April shooting incident
- Columbus police investigating Thursday night incident
- UPDATE: Man arrested, charged following Columbus shooting
- Man charged with shooting into Columbus house
- Columbus man charged with Wednesday shooting
- Houston shooting incident under investigation
- Columbus man charged with cyberstalking