Update 12/19/18 12:58 p.m.
A second suspect, 40-year-old Jason Dean, has been arrested and charged with attempted murder and aggravated assault.
Jason Dean | Photo: Clay County Jail
Update 12/18/18 2:05 p.m.
West Point Police Chief Avery Cook says the shooting victim is in stable condition. The victim was grazed by a bullet to the back of the head. The victim was also wounded in the leg.
The motive is still being investigated.
Update 12/18/18 11:40 a.m.
West Point Police Chief Avery Cook confirms officers are looking for a second suspect. This suspect's name has not been released at this time.
Update 12/18/18 10:20 a.m.
The suspect is identified as Lacequiu D. Starks, 22, reports the Daily Times Leader.
He was booked into the Clay County jail last night, Dec. 17, at 11:26.
His charges are listed as attempted murder and aggravated assault.
Update 12/17/18 10:18 p.m.
The shooting suspect is in custody, according to Police Chief Avery Cook.
See the original post below.
WEST POINT, Miss. (WTVA) - One person has been injured in a shooting Monday night, and the suspect is on the loose.
West Point Police Chief Avery Cook says the shooting happened around 6 p.m. Monday on Wood Street near Marshall Park.
Emergency responders are telling WTVA that a witness on the scene saw someone drive up in a truck and fire at a gold car.
One victim was flown to North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo.
We will continue to follow this story and bring you updates as they become available.
- UPDATE: Arrests made for West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Fourth arrest made for West Point shooting
- Third West Point shooting suspect arrested
- UPDATE: West Point shooting leads to one arrest
- UPDATE: West Point police make second shooting arrest
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Lee County shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made in Oxford Lyric shooting
- UPDATE: Arrest made for Chickasaw County shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for suspect in West Point shooting
- UPDATE: Bond set for West Point shooting suspect