HAMILTON, Miss. (WTVA)- A man from Hamilton has died in the tornado that plowed through Monroe County Saturday.
Monroe County Coroner Alan Gurley identifies him as Roy Ratliff, 95.
Gurley says Ratliff was inside his home on Center Hill Road when a tree smashed through his mobile home crushing him in his sleep.
There are a lot of down trees and damage in the area.
- One dead following tornado in Monroe County
- Monroe County awaiting declaration before tornado debris pick-up
- One dead in overnight accident in Monroe County
- Sheriff: Man dead in Monroe County home invasion
- Fire destroys Monroe County home
- Man drowns in Monroe County
- Child shot in Monroe County
- Monroe EMA: Tornado siren not working in Splunge
- Lowndes County man charged in Monroe County
- One dead following tornadoes in Columbus, Burnsville