LOWNDES COUNTY, Miss. (WTVA) - One person is dead after a single-car accident in Lowndes County.
Lowndes County Coroner Greg Merchant says the accident took place on Highway 69 South at Concord Road sometime near 7:30 Monday night.
On Tuesday, the Mississippi Highway Patrol identified the victim as 75-year-old Henry Norton, Jr. of Pickensville, Alabama.
Troopers say he was traveling south on Highway 69 and left the road on the right side and collided with a tree. He was ejected from the vehicle and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The wreck remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: Alabama man dies in Lowndes County wreck
- Man dies after Lowndes County fatal wreck
- Lowndes County inmate dies
- Car wreck in Lowndes County kills Alabama man
- Alabama woman dies in Lowndes County crash
- Minor injury in Lowndes County wreck
- Deer causes two wrecks in Lowndes County
- Lowndes County wreck sends driver to hospital
- Lowndes County wreck sends woman to hospital
- One airlifted after wreck in Lowndes County