Update 11/20/18 6:17 p.m.
Troopers are still investigating a fatal hit-and-run in Lowndes County that killed an 18-year-old. Now, they have a description of the vehicle that fled the scene.
The vehicle involved is believed to be either a 1999-2003 Chevrolet Silverado or a 1999-2006 Chevrolet Tahoe with front right damage.
If you have any information about this accident, you're urged to contact the Mississippi Highway Patrol at 662-323-5314.
Update 11/19/18 11:38 a.m.
Troopers are still asking for the public's help in identifying a vehicle that was involved in a fatal crash with a pedestrian.
The only description of the vehicle is it may have damage to its front right side.
Anyone with information is asked to call 662-323-5314.
See the original post below.
COLUMBUS, Miss. (WTVA) - One teen has been identified following a fatal hit-and-run.
The pedestrian, 18-year-old DeWilliam Binion, was transported to Baptist Memorial Hospital in Columbus where he was pronounced dead by the Lowndes County coroner.
The crash happened about 8:14 p.m. Saturday on MS 373 north of Noblin Road.
The vehicle involved has not been identified, but it has possible damage to the front right.
If you have any information concerning this accident please contact the MHP office at 662-323-5314.
This accident remains under investigation.
- UPDATE: Troopers give description of vehicle after fatal Lowndes hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Video, vehicle description could help solve Lowndes County shooting
- UPDATE: Troopers ID those involved in fatal Lowndes collision
- Troopers looking for vehicle after reported hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Arrest made for fatal hit-and-run in Tupelo
- Suspect wanted in Lowndes County hit-and-run
- UPDATE: Victims identified in Lowndes County fatal accident
- UPDATE: Subject in fatal standoff in Lowndes County identified
- UPDATE: Manslaughter charge filed in Lowndes County fatal accident
- Man dies after Lowndes County fatal wreck