SHANNON, Miss. (WTVA) — A fight between two women in Shannon sent one to the hospital with a stab wound and another to jail.
Police Chief Desiree Kershner said the fight happened early Friday after midnight at the victim's home in the 300-block of Old Highway 45.
According to the chief, Nakesha Owens, 42, of Tupelo, stabbed Arlesha Buchanan, 32.
Owens is charged with domestic violence-aggravated assault. A judge set bond at $3,000.
Buchanan is out of the hospital after a doctor at North Mississippi Medical Center in Tupelo treated the stab wound she suffered in the area of her left shoulder.
- One arrested, one wounded in Shannon stabbing
- Man wounded in Tupelo stabbing incident
- Man suffers stab wound in Lowndes County
- Shannon stabbing sends one person to the hospital
- Shannon police find cocaine, make arrest
- Man arrested in Shannon with counterfeit money
- Police arrest Shannon man for Tupelo homicide
- Arrest made for Shannon school threats
- Shannon man faces drug charges
- UPDATE: Missing Shannon man found