PONTOTOC, Miss. (WTVA) - A man has been arrested in connection to a dogfighting ring in Pontotoc County.
According to the Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department, 30-year-old Jamie Holmes of Tupelo is the suspect.
Sheriff's deputies busted the ring Saturday night in the Longview community, and they managed to seize a wood frame fighting ring
A dog named "Rainbow" died in a fight Saturday night, according to Second Chances Animal Rescue in Pontotoc.
Pontotoc County Sheriff Leo Mask said more arrests are expected as the investigation continues.
As he was being escorted to court Monday morning, Holmes said he had nothing to do with the ring.
- UPDATE: Tupelo man arrested for dogfighting ring
- Two more men arrested for dogfighting ring
- Panola County deputies seek man involved in dogfighting ring
- 2nd dogfighting operation found in Mississippi
- Man arrested following Tupelo collision
- Tupelo police arrest naked man
- UPDATE: Former Tupelo teacher arrested, charged
- New Mississippi laws target dogfighting, left-lane driving
- Tupelo burglary suspects arrested
- Two arrested in multi-county theft ring