OXFORD, Miss. (WTVA) - An Ole Miss student ordered from Who Dat’s Drive Thru in Oxford on June 7 and received a receipt reading “Black b***es in a silver car.”
Alexia Washington came through the drive-thru and noticed this was on the top of the receipt.
She reported to the manager, who made the unidentified employee apologize for what he wrote.
Since then, Washington said the employee had been fired.
"If you create an environment where people feel comfortable to say things like that, to act in that manner, then you are enabling the problem,” Washington said.
HottyToddy.com received a statement from owner Wyle Coleman:
“A Who Dat’s Drive-Thru employee was terminated immediately from their position upon recognition of a foul identifier used in a transaction ticket on June 7th, 2019. As of Monday June 10, 2019, they are banned from the property in accordance to our new by-laws. A certified letter stating this fact will be posted. The employee responsible did not represent us as a business or personality. We do not feel this way about women or condone any racial identifier. We feel identities of sex & race should be communicated in a formal & professional manner in every place of business & we feel like it is most important to have employees that already have that professionalism behind closed doors. There is no justice to this immediately & we will respond to everyone in time. We apologize about this situation and will grow from it.”
- Ole Miss student receives racist receipt from Oxford drive-thru
- Ole Miss learns Oxford Regional opponents
- Ole Miss, MSU receive early football signees
- Ole Miss graduates receive Rural Physician Scholarships
- Ole Miss donor's name being removed after racist comment
- Ole Miss takes donor's name off school after racist comment
- Ole Miss downs Saint Louis in Oxford Regional
- Ole Miss punter brings lemonade stand to Oxford
- Missing Oxford person found safe
- Ole Miss' Khayat receives Winter-Reed award for educational excellence